Tuesday, August 2, 2011

June in Review





So I'm here busy as ever and teaching my new little brother the ropes. So far so good, he's a quick learner (when he's awake). I've been filling him in on all the ins and outs of "dump trucks", "diggers", "trains" and so forth. I've also offered him a chance to co-host this blog, so you will hear from him later.



Visitors


I guess when a new baby comes along, its a good reason for people to visit. We sure had a number of visitors this month, including Grandma Ruth, Auntie Kelly, Uncle John, Uncle Toddie, Great Aunt Maggie and of course Grandma Wood and DaDad Wood (Granddad Wood) . People came and went and it gave me the opportunity to show off my little brother. It was nice to welcome him to the family and show him off.



Father's Day & Air Show
On Father's Day, I went with Daddy and DaDad to a city called Hamilton. We drove and drove in traffic and eventually arrived at the air show. It was a vintage plane airshow, which means the planes are from when DaDad was a boy. So old. It was cute to watch DaDad run around being excited to see all the planes he dreamed of flying when he was little. We spent a long day at the air field and enjoyed it, but my favourite part of the day was taking the school bus to and from the show's parking lot. It was so much fun that I kept talking about the yellow school bus for days afterwards.



Visitors from London
Later in the month, my buddies Rydan & Haley came for a visit. They stayed for a lunch BBQ hosted by Mommy & Daddy and I was again able to tour everyone around my new sandbox, playroom and show off my new brother. It was fun playing with these guys again.

A word from the new guy
....so how does this work? I just tell people about what happened this past month? Really?!, I'm 4 weeks old and you want me to remember this stuff?....ok, I'll give it a try.

So I've been encouraged by the medium sized guy (I think he said he was my older brother) to share some of my thoughts and experiences from this past month. I'm new to this game so bare with me. It would appear that I'm the newest member for a 1, 2, 3.....4 member family. Everyone so far seems really interested in me and they seem like lots of fun. I sleep most of the day, so I do miss out on some of the goings on, but I do recall loads of new faces and people singing to me and cooing at me. Its been pretty predictable as of late, mostly eating, sleeping, diaper changes....you know the usual baby stuff.



Daddy came home to this scene

Sleep anyone?

School Bus!











Visit from the Chalmers


Air Show

No comments:

Post a Comment