Wednesday, June 8, 2011

May in Review

Wow, what a month! If I had to pick a word to sum up the month of May it would be “New”. It has been an eventful and fun filled month to say the least.

New Yard
This spring, once the snow melted, I noticed that my backyard left something to be desired….mostly grass and a proper lawn. So Daddy, Mommy and I set out to transform this dirt and mud pit into a nice oasis. It was a lot of hard work, but I was able to follow Daddy’s lead and get new sod put down and plants in the flower beds and even a small garden planted. Yard work is hard, but can also be fun and rewarding. I enjoying sitting back with my apple juice and seeing the fruits of our labour.

New Sandbox
Daddy decided I needed a proper sandbox, so over the course of a few weekends he and I went to Home Depot a half a dozen times to get wood, screws, paint and sand. In the end we built a 6’ by 4’ sand box and it's fantastic. I spend a lot of time in there with my diggers and dump trucks. Thanks Dadda!

New BBQ
No newly finished backyard can be truly complete without a BBQ (so I’ve been told), so we finally went out and bought a new BBQ. I helped Daddy put it together and it only took us about an hour with my help. Now I’m learning all about how you can cook outside and enjoy the backyard in even more ways.

New Brother
Well Mommy & Daddy have been telling all about this day and I finally got to meet my new little brother. He is awesome and I love him. Sometime in the middle of the month Granddad and Grandma came to stay with us. I think Mommy wanted me to watch and supervise them while she and Daddy went to the hospital. I didn’t mind at all, they are very easy to supervise and seemed to understand and listen to all my rules of the house.

My new baby brother arrived near the end of the month and I was excited to meet him. I’m always very happy to get a chance to hold him and even go to the fridge to get him milk when he is hungry (which is often).

Always time to help Mommy
Even though I have all these busy and new things in my life, I’ve made sure to reserve time for me and Mommy. I made sure that I helped her make banana bread muffins, which is something we do often.
I love you Mommy!












Baby brother





Milk for baby!?!


Granddad & Grandma's visit

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being a big brother Jake! I love to see how much you love your little brother already. Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures. You are growing so fast and are such a handsome little man. Please give your Mommy and Dadda big hugs for me. Much love from Auntie Susie.

    ReplyDelete