Saturday, May 23, 2009

New Camp Deck

Daddy and I decided we needed to build a new camp deck this trip. I wore the white supervisor’s hat and Daddy did most of the hard labour and building. Mommy helped by screwing down the upper deck boards and encouraging Daddy when he was frustrated. On Saturday we brought in our friend Armand to help with the decking on the lower deck, and with his help we got it done by the afternoon.

On Tuesday, a delivery truck came with all the building materials for the deck. It was so neat to see the lifting arm pick up all the wood and easily put into spot. Daddy took some video so that my cousin Tor in Vancouver could see this cool truck in action.

On Wednesday, Daddy got busy building the deck and he worked hard all week. He finally got it done by Saturday and it was ready for my seal of approval. Mommy took me out for the final inspection and I gave my approval after a close review. Daddy bought me an infant sized Muskoka Chair so that I wouldn’t feel left out when we lounge on the new deck. I can’t wait to hang out here again this summer.

Before & After pictures






Me supervising the whole build project

Armand helping Daddy



Daddy's big boy toys. I'm not allowed to play with them until I'm older.




My Mommy working hard to help out






























1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the super cool video. Tor is asleep right now but I'll make sure he sees it asap tomorrow. Jake will appreciate it too, sooner than you think.

    ReplyDelete