Road trip to Tillsonburg
On Saturday, I went in the car for a long drive. We drove down to Tillsonburg to see my Grandma Ruth and celebrate her birthday. I helped her blow out the candles on her cake. I remember Grandma Ruth came to visit me in Toronto after I was born.
On Saturday, I went in the car for a long drive. We drove down to Tillsonburg to see my Grandma Ruth and celebrate her birthday. I helped her blow out the candles on her cake. I remember Grandma Ruth came to visit me in Toronto after I was born.
I also met my great Uncle Pat and great Auntie Mary. We visited the family home where there are tons of animals and antique cars and room to play. I met Rosey & Josey- the Donkeys, Daisey Duke the Dog, and four or five goats. What a cool place. I can’t wait to come back when I’m older to play with the tractor and all the animals.
Playoffs
On Friday night Daddy’s good friend Mike (who was visiting from Calgary) came over to watch some Stanley Cup Playoffs with Daddy & I. It was good to get some “guy” time and throw back a few milks with the boys. I’m still trying to figure out all the rules of the game. Looks pretty simple…skate around push the black toy around aka “the puck” and hit anyone that tries to steal your toy. I can’t wait to learn how to play.
Grandma & Grandpa Wood Visit Again
I had another visit from Grandma & Grandpa Wood who came from Ottawa to keep Mommy and me company for a few days. They made us dinner a few nights and came to IKEA with us to pick out my new big boy crib. Mommy and Daddy have a cool car but it’s too sporty to pick up big items like a crib, so we used Grandpa’s comfort ride cruiser minivan to haul my new furniture. I’m glad they were there with their minivan to help us out.
Grandma and Grandpa Wood taught me that you are never too old to learn something new. They demonstrated this first hand during their visit when they learned that modern digital meat thermometers aren’t meant to go in the meat and left in the oven (like the old metal analog ones). I didn’t realize this either but Grandma, Grandpa and I learned together that the oven will melt your modern thermometer into a clump of metal and plastic. (See picture below, its really funny.) It’s all ok though as they caught it before it touched the turkey. Oh I almost forgot to mention that Mommy thinks the turkey Grandma and Grandpa cooked that night was the best turkey she’s ever had!!! Mommy and Daddy are very thankful for the great meal Grandma and Grandpa made for them.
The day that Grandma & Grandpa Wood returned home to Kanata, we had a rendezvous with Grandma's sister and my great aunt Ruth. She came with her husband Roger to have lunch with us and meet me. She seemed really nice and comforted me too sleep when I was fussy.
New Crib
I got my very own big boy crib this week. Apparently I was outgrowing the bassinette that I was using and needed my own crib sooner than planned. Mommy, Grandpa and Grandma took me to IKEA to get a crib that matches my change table and wall unit. So far it’s great and I have more room to roll around and stretch my long legs. I also had my Daddy install my fisher price music player that was a gift from our friends Cam & Tim. All I need now is a minibar filled with Milk and a small lounge chair and my crib will be pimped out! Party in my crib – 3am!
No comments:
Post a Comment